Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS HTML5 + CSS3

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    aoeui
    Participant

hi,

where could I in specifications find exact date when HTML5 + CSS3 started as official and valid for use?

They aren’t final specifications yet, they are still working drafts. So to answer your question, not yet :)

jamygolden

I don’t think you ever will – CSS 2.1 isn’t supported 100% by browser still supported today *cough* IE7 *cough*.

I think if you make use of feature detection and style accordingly, you’ll be pretty safe. As for things like drop-shadows and rounded corners… I may give IE some kind of border (instead of a drop shadow) but they definitely get square corners. I don’t think anyone really cares. I may be wrong, but I’ve never received complaints from clients. I did one time and I explained that twitter, facebook, myspace, etc all do this and it’s common practice ( true story ) and they listened to what I had to say and said I could leave it the way it was.

As for HTML5 – That’s a large playground :p I use form properties and values, like <input type=”email” /> all the time – The fallback is brilliant. But you’d definitely still need backend validation and perhaps front-end validation for browsers without the features.

If the site works well in all sites, you can safely use HTML5 + CSS3.

aoeui
    Participant

thanks

so lets say I want to put it in my resume
    I am interested in it last 2 years, would that be ok?

that is why I asked some date, cant remeber first time I started with css3, html5

jamygolden

I would talk about browser optimization and efficiency as well as page load time. CSS3 + HTML5 contribute to that by replacing things like javascript and images ( in some cases ).

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.