Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS HTML5 Boilerplate: Site not appearing at all in IE7, IE8

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Brendan12

I’m at a total loss right now. I’m re-doing a site and, of course, it works well across all browsers except IE, which is where it gets weird. It appears in IE6 (not perfectly, bg img missing) and perfectly in IE9, but it just doesn’t appear at all for me in IE7 & IE8. I’m looking at it in both Adobe Browserlab and Scout Tester, each of them show it in IE6 and IE9 but either give a black screen or an error message for IE7 & 8.

The site is up for right now at magiscreativetest.com.

Any ideas? I’m not using the most current version of Boilerplate and I’m wondering if that has anything to do with it…don’t know all of it inside and out yet. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

TheDoc

Using Browserlab is never going to return perfect results. Try to find a real version of IE7/8 to view on. If you can post a link, users here will be able to look at it for you.

joelmb
    standuncan

Browsershots as well as most browser compatibility tests will still only give you a screenshot or limit your use with the site… it is best to get the browser/version you want to test in and open up the site/app in it and USE the site/app as a user. You will see any flaws in design and functionality as well.

I like to use Windows Virtual PC/XP mode. I open up XP/IE7 and use/test my sites. Or get yourself a cheap XP pc and install IE6/7, food for thought.

Brendan12

hmm,ok. Thanks for grabbing those shots. I think I really need the interactivity to see if that jquery fader is working, though, and I don’t really want to set up a MS environment on my mac. I can see other sites pretty well in browserlab and scout, so I’m going to try to redo this in the HTML5 reset template Chris set up and I’ll see if that fixes it.

Brendan12

Appreciate the feedback guys. Luckily, copying and pasting the code over into the HTML5 Reset that I mentioned allowed me to view it in Browserlab. I was able to ensure that the fader was working by refreshing it with different load delays. This template is so much simpler that I’ll be using it instead of the boilerplate from now on.

standuncan

Which framework/template are you referring to?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.