Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other HTML to WordPress?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    mitso
    Participant

What is the easiest way to turn a HTML/CSS site into a CMS.

Should I use WordPress or something like Perch or alike.

I have seen a tutorial on adding a site to WP with PHP, but I also found a tutorial on Youtube that just used a HTML to WordPress button within the WP dashboard?

What is the easiest way to integrate WP into my site for the purpose of a blog and gallery etc?

I dont know any PHP (yet).

Your help would be awesome.

CameronDuthie
    Participant

@mitso When it comes to a question of ‘should’ it really depends on what kind of site your wanting to build. There’s no real right or wrong answer when it comes to a CMS, it’s mainly down to preference.

Wordpress is probably one of the widest used CMS’s out there. It’s got a bunch of support and resources to help you build the site you need.

If you are interested in WordPress then here’s some good places to start.

Rockable Press have a pretty good [book](http://rockablepress.com/books/building-wordpress-themes-from-scratch “”) to get you started.

Line25 has a [round up](http://line25.com/articles/15-tutorials-to-help-you-build-wordpress-themes “”) of really good places to learn about WordPress

Also, [wptuts](http://wp.tutsplus.com/ “”) is a good place to check out as well.

There’s definite no quick or easy fix (that i know of) to get your site magically turned into a WP site. If there was, i think most of us would be out of a job. :)

Hope this helps.

Andy Howells
    Participant

Perch is totes awesome, we have about 20 customer sites, including our own, running on it.

It’s super straight forward to convert a static site into it, much moreso than wordpress.

That being said, WordPress is more powerful as a blog platform and is more extensible, but if your site is more “informational” with simple pages and a straight forward site structure then Perch is perfect for that.

chrisburton
    Participant

This probably won’t be exactly what you’re after, because you did say “easiest way”… but the hint at maybe learning some PHP might have you considering teaching yourself how to do the conversion.

I’d still say WordPress is the way to go. There’s just so much support out there for it (including our host, Chris!)

A few of CSS Tricks own video podcasts (#71, #72 and #73 for starters) have some really neat tips of how to go about it. They might be a few years old now, but those videos are totally what got me into HTML/WP conversion in the first place.

If you haven’t already, I’d also look into Digging into WordPress if you haven’t already. The eBook is brilliant, and delves a lot further into whats possible.

xfactor

@mitso
    you need to take help from wordpress developer if you don’t know wp in deep . let me know if wish i am having 4 years of exp in wp

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.