Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other html to wordpress plugin

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    dynamyc

I’m looking for a plugin, or other stuff to convert (import) my html/css/javascript into wordpress quickly. I’ve made some research about this but I’ve found a lot of solutions(tools,plugins) and I’m confused. So, I want to know which are the best solutions(resources) for doing this from your experiences. Thanks!

TheDoc

Like, you want some sort of program to take your HTML files and convert it into a WordPress theme, or? I’ve never heard of an automated system that can do this – you can certainly pay people to do it though.

Or, the best bet, would be to learn to do it yourself! There are loads of resources out there (including Chris Coyier’s own ‘Digging Into WordPress’).

mwdewitt

WordPress already supports HTML, CSS, and JavaScript. It is literally “Copy” and “Paste.” Except for the JavaScript, which I still have not figured out beyond dropping the code in the “/js/” folder.

dynamyc

@TheDoc, I know what you’re saying but I was asking for something like THIS
    Thanks !

TheDoc

Aahhh – so basically you’re looking for some sort of content migrator from a static site to a WordPress site? I don’t think I have any resources for you there, I’m afraid!

dynamyc

Yes.
    Anyway, thanks….

johnsulis

I have foolishly upgraded to WP3.3.1 without a backup and without reading the compatibility status of my plugins – so now HTML import 2 no longer works. It basically takes a well formed HTML page and imports it into WordPress as a Page – brilliant and it saved me so much time – but I have now gone and broken it. Does anyone know how I can fix it – or if there is an alternative. Thanks

dynamyc

@johnsulis, so HTML import 2 was very good ? I mean integrates very well the HTML pages, also the javascript in that particular page, or just the static html ?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.