Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS How would you do this?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    cjk

Hi,

I have this content on my wordpress site as an image in a page posting:

[attachment=0]rider-pedigree1.png[/attachment]

The page url:

http://krowchukdressage.com/blog/stallion/pedigree/

While this works, I am curious as to how (and why) others might present this information using css? tables?

My reason for asking is because I would like to have links to the various ancestors in this pedigree. Ideally clicking on their names in the pedigree would be what I would like, to pull up a reference page specific to each. If I leave this as an image then I have to create an image map for the links, sounds like a lot of fussing. If a table, or css table then the links would be easier but this looks to be a lot of work!

What do you think would be the easiest and best?

Cheers!
    Chris

apostrophe
    Participant

Looks like a bunch of nested lists to me.

chazzwick

it looks vaguely tabular that data, if you used a 32 row, 5 column table and merge the cells in the first 4 columns correclty, it would probably be formatted correctly straight away.

not sure how semantic this is tho

Soh Tanaka

I personally would do this in tables. Much quicker and probably less of a headache.

cjk
    "apostrophe" wrote:
    Looks like a bunch of nested lists to me.

Interesting! I hadn’t thought of using nested lists. Not sure how to even begin formatting those lists – thinking that might be way too much work?

Cheers!
    Chris

cjk

Thanks all,

I think Chazzwick and Soh Tanaka are right, tables might be the ticket here.

Cheers!
    Chris

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.