Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS How would I do this?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    brett01

So I have a general question on whether or not something is possible (without using flash), was maybe hoping someone here would know!

I’m making a portfolio site and basically I want the main page to work like this;

I want a grid of boxes (images that link to pages of my work) and a few “category” buttons above the grid. There would maybe be 3 or 4 categories (logo design, packaging, etc). What I want is to be able to click on one of the category buttons and have every box that is not is that category dissapear, then the remaining boxes (the ones from the chosen category) would shift up to fill the top spots in the grid.

It seems fairly straightforward but I haven’t had any luck finding out how to do it… mainly because I have no idea how to word it well to ask google.

So my question is this; is it possible to set something like this up (without flash)? How would I go about it?

Thanks in advance! Hope I made some amount of sense!

You are after something like this: http://razorjack.net/quicksand/

brett01

holy crap! perfect!

I mean, I asked… but I honestly didn’t really expect a great answer… Josh, you are my hero!

Haha, I would possibly deserve that title if I had made that plugin, but my skills aren’t yet that awesome :p

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.