Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other How would I….

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Brussells

… design a site where, for example, I’d have a TV as a static image, with buttons for navigation, and by clicking the buttons the image on the TV ‘screen’ would change? I’ve an idea for a site, have started playing on Photoshop, to create the mock up, but now realise I don’t know how to get it working.

Any ideas, tips or information would be very much appreciated.

Rob MacKay
    Participant

tbh – its a pretty easy idea. but if you cant see it working in your head it might be a good idea to do some standard CSS site building tutorials – I think once you have done 1 or 2 you will see exactly how you can do it.

Brussells

Thanks RobSkiWarrior.

CSS learning is priority numero uno! Podcasts, and building a test website is already in use.

By your reply can I presume that what I would like to achieve can be done with CSS? Doesn’t require javascript or any trickery?

Other than what I’m already doing I’d be interested in any recommendations for books on CSS, which are particularly good for learners like myself. There appears to be a vast amount out there and I’m not sure which are better of the lot :)

Rob MacKay
    Participant
    "Brussells" wrote:
    Thanks RobSkiWarrior.

CSS learning is priority numero uno! Podcasts, and building a test website is already in use.

By your reply can I presume that what I would like to achieve can be done with CSS? Doesn’t require javascript or any trickery?

Other than what I’m already doing I’d be interested in any recommendations for books on CSS, which are particularly good for learners like myself. There appears to be a vast amount out there and I’m not sure which are better of the lot :)

I dont own a single CSS book – but I have been doing CSS for a long time now, you cant beat fixing your own mistakes to help you learn lol

I learnt through http://www.w3schools.com/ in the begininig and then I kinda made my own way. Im sure there are some guys who could recommend you books though… There are some great screencasts about – here on CSS Tricks, and also on places like http://blog.themeforest.net & http://www.nettuts.com along with many more…

So yea it wouldnt take any real JS trickery to make it work, only if you wanted to get fancy …

Brussells

Cool – Thanks again Robskiwarrior.

I’ll be sure to take a look at the other screencasts you’ve mentioned – appreciate the links.

I’ve read a little on w3 but I think it’ll need more of my attention :-) It’s the basics I need to start with before I start making crazy, technical sites…..learning to walk b4 I can run :D Any clues how to get the whole CSS section downloaded or available offline without having to copy and paste, or save each individual page? (i’m sure the answer is simple) :roll:

You’re right about learning from mistakes and fixing things through working on sites.

Some very true statements – Thanks greatly

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.