Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other How will the situation in Ukraine on the internet business?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Roman Almazov
    Participant

I as a participant in the struggle against the regime, interested in your opinion about what can happen on the Internet? Putin wants to set Chechnya have already sent troops to the Crimea. Who thinks that? Thank you.

nixnerd
    Participant

I’m not totally sure what you’re asking.

Roman Almazov
    Participant

The situation in Ukraine. What do you think about this?

nixnerd
    Participant

As it pertains to your Internet freedom?

I think you’ll find that most people in the West are sympathetic to your struggle.

Paulie_D

Wait! There’s a situation in Ukraine?

I admit to being uninformed enough to not have an opinion other than struggles against oppression are a good thing.

I don’t read the news….it depresses me.

nixnerd
    Participant

Wait! There’s a situation in Ukraine?

Ha ha ha. Don’t mind him. He codes under a rock.

Yeah… you won’t find many sympathizers with Russia in the West. On top of that… we’re pretty much always pro-liberty.

Although, I’m still confused on what your exact question is. Are you asking how this will affect Internet freedom? Are you wondering how to use the Internet to mobilize the way Egypt did?

Atelierbram
    Participant

@Roman Almazov

In trying to understand the current ‘struggle against the regime’ in Ukraine, in relation to history (and also in relation to the history there with Russia), can you as a ‘participant’ shed some light on the bigger (geo-political) picture? Ukraine’s democratic attempts are still very young, but so is Russia’s, and this will take a lot of time and effort, and presumably Ukraine is very important to Russia for it’s place on the map and resources and, … let me stop here, don’t know what I’m going on about. Good luck of course.

Roman Almazov
    Participant

Russia sent troops in our area. We will defend our land, we often turn off the internet. Emergency.

nixnerd
    Participant

Godspeed sir.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.