Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS How Webpage renders in SMART TV?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    akarsh
    Participant

I have a doubt in responsive design… How the normal webpage render in smart tv full width dimension… is any specific method to follow ?

Paulie_D

I would imagine that would depend on the pixel density and width in px.

Without the specs on the tv and its native resolution…it’s hard to guess.

I work on a 22″ 1920×1080 monitor (well actually two) on my desktop but remember that a 50″ TV with the same resolution will be viewed from,say, over 10 feet away.

akarsh
    Participant

Then for each different TV inches(21,32,64) i need to code using media queries

Paulie_D

It’s not a matter of inches. It’s a matter of pixels and viewing distance.

I would expect that font sizes would have to be considerably larger if one is targeting TVs.

akarsh
    Participant

ya i meant the same only, see for 32 inch screen native resolution is 1,920 x 1,080, so for each different inches relatively pixel varies.

akarsh
    Participant

could you suggest me any best mobile emulators for cost or open source which would be the best.

Paulie_D

Not sure what mobile emulators has to do with smart TVs but I don’t have any thoughts on that.

As for TV detection, a quick google search found: http://www.brettjankord.com/2012/01/16/categorizr-a-modern-device-detection-script/

Senff
    Participant

This takes me back to the time when we worried about how our sites looked on WebTV and the AOL browser. ;)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.