Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS WordPress : How to target the following themes link with css ?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    iizag
    Participant

Hi. I am trying to figure out through fire bug how to target the a:hover for this theme I have been using. The only way that I have discovered to change the hover link color was through using the following code on one page

#mp-pusher p a:hover {
    color: #a5cfde !important;
    }

and then the above code did not work on “Posts”, it only worked on Pages. But the following code works on Posts. Example post : [http://izaguir.re/how-to-connect-gmail-for-work-to-phone-email/]:

.single-post #mp-pusher p a:hover {
    color: #a5cfde !important;
    }

I just find it odd that I have to use “#mp-pusher” in the css, because i have never seen that nor do i know exactly what its for. But usually targeting a:hover , has never seemed complicated lol ? Tips , advice, all welcomed :-)

Ilan Firsov
    Participant

Does the theme has !important on the property? if so your rule has to be more specific than the current rule setup for the element and have !important property defined.
    If the theme does not define !important than just make sure your rule is applied later and more specific or add the !important property.

In Firebug/Developer tools you can set a “sticky” state for the element (basically make it hover without actually hovering over it) and then inspect the rules applied.

You can read more about css specificity here

iizag
    Participant

Where is the sticky state tool in fire bug ?

Ilan Firsov
    Participant

You select the element then in the style panel click the little arrow on the style tab, at the bottom of the dropdown menu you will find buttons for :hover :active and :focus

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.