Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other How to take a huge screenshot of a website – responsive images (for retina)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    tbf01

I’m using Scott Jehls Picturefill approach to display responsive images on my portfolio site. I’m displaying a relatively large screenshot at around 950px wide and, using Picturefill, I want that swapped with one twice the size for retina devices.

The biggest size I can capture on my computer is 1280px wide. I need to be able to get a screenshot of my sites at almost 1900px wide.

I thought I would be able to just zoom in on my page and take a screenshot with the browser’s screenshot extension. However, this leads to an image with elements that are misaligned. I’ve tried various browsers and various screenshot extensions, but I get the same results on all.

Has anyone any idea of how I can get this screenshot?

Vermaas
    Participant

Go check out a cinema display in the Apple store, make a screen and send it to yourself? :)

Otherwise you can post the link to the website here and someone with a big screen (not me) can make the screenshot for you?

tbf01

That’s a good idea to go into the Apple store, thanks!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.