Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS How to style blogroll on wordpress

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Raven

http://www.visual-blade.com/

Hello, my name is Daquan Wright (an aspiring web/software developer/user experience designer).

I am working with wordpress and haven’t really put in enough time, so I’m doing it now!

I wanted to ask how can I control the style of the ‘blogroll’ element in the sidebar? As you see, it’s blackened out and not in sync with the other headlines that I’ve styled. I’ve tried styling it and I just am not sure how. I am controlling the other sidebar headlines by way of the h1 tag. Although it seems I can’t wrap h1 around the blog roll, just want advice on that.

Code segments below:

Code:

• You are currently browsing the archives for the category.

You are currently browsing the /”> blog archives
    for the day .

for .

for the year .

You have searched the /”> blog archives
    for . If you are unable to find anything in these search results, you can try one of these links.

You are currently browsing the /”> blog archives.

• Pages

‘ ); ?>

• Archives

• Categories

‘); ?>

• Meta

Rob MacKay
Participant

well what you need to do is style it, like anything else :)

you have a div with an ID of sidebar. So you can start there!

div#sidebar {
// enter style here
}

then you can target individual items with in it

div#sidebar li ul li {
//enter style
}

that for example will style an LI thats inside a UL which is in side an LI which is in side the #sidebar :)

Its best to look at the HTML created from the php, then you can see what needs styling easily.

Raven

http://www.visual-blade.com/

Thanks a million bro! It seems this is just going to be a test of trial and error. No matter what program I get my hands on (whether it be logic or design), getting your hands on it personally is just the best hands down. :D

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)