Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS how to play flv in html5

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Hi friends i want to play flv format videos in my html page.

chrisburton
    Participant

You will have to export it to swf in Adobe Flash or another program. Here is your markup for the html page.

djdaniel150

Yeah, Chris is right, HTML5 is simply HTML and you can still embed SWF files just as you did older versions. I wish HTML5 would sink to the bottom of the ocean, its worthless! XHTML5 will be way better.

chrisburton
    Participant

I still prefer flash for certain things. Such as using it to copy a URL to the clipboard without getting a popup warning (what you get when using JS). I recently had to ditch this because it wasn’t support in iOS devices and some Android tablets.

chrish I just copy your code and paste it to my html page and replace the name of the video.
    both the html page and flv are on my desktop but the code is still not working.here is the code.

chrisburton
    Participant

@harry_matharoo Please post your code on http://codepen.io and link us to the url

I got it chrisburton i am not getting that how to convert my flv to swf

danieldatton

@harry_matharoo to convert videos to swf, just open them in flash and export as swf, depending on your version, it may be ‘compile’ in the file menu.

Johnnyb

As HTML5 video doesn’t support the FLV file format then if you want to play an FLV then the only options you have are Flash based:

1) Use an online FLV player and embed that into your HTML.
    2) Create your own FLV player in Flash.
    3) Convert the FLV to a SWF and use a SWF player (or create your own in Flash)

Personally I’d just convert the FLV to an MP4 and use something like [VideoJS](http://videojs.com/ “VideoJS”) which will then work cross-platform.

Johnnyb i visted your site its great man, you tell me some thing new in html , you don’t know how much i am exited to use it, thanks man.

chrisburton
    Participant

@johnnyb is correct however, you can place the embed inside the audio element as a fallback if a browser does not support it.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.