Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS How to make compatibale a css design for all the browsers?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    terenkleo

I made a web page with HTML and PHP and design it with CSS. When I open this webpage in Mozill aFirefox, it works as I designed but when I open it in Internet Explorer, the design of page does not according to the settings I designed in CSS file. How to fix it?
    lists

ccc630

There are significant differences in the methods each browser employs to interpret and display CSS, especially Internet Explorer — it’s probably best to google this question and read as many tutorials as you can, as it can be a somewhat complex topic.

snillor

Do you have a link to the site? That’ll probably let folks give you some more specific responses & suggestions.

srdjandizajn

I have the same problem..
    My site is doing well in all browsers, except IE. Everything is not centered, and menu is incorrect!
    Here is the link to my site: http://www.srdjan-djordjevic.comli.com/english/english_index.html

snillor

srdjandizajn,

Can I suggest you put your request for help in your own post? That’ll keep your specific site & issue separate.

That being said, I suspect some of your IE problems are caused by not having a DOCTYPE in your HTML. I recommend the very simple HTML5 DOCTYPE:

A couple other errors show when you run your HMTL through the W3C validator (HTML validator report, but start with the DOCTYPE and see how much that helps.

srdjandizajn

Thanx, ill read about doctype.. Just let me know if it will solve my major problems. Thanx for quick reply

srdjandizajn

wow, i just added doctype, and it works!

snillor, you are a genius! Thank you very much :)

snillor

No – nowhere close to a genius. I’ve made just about every mistake possible, and have learned from some of them.

Glad it was an easy fix for you.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.