Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS How to make a

the size of the users screen.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Hailee
    Participant

I am trying to make the

container the exact dimension of the users screen (ex. if the users resolution is 1024*768, 1280*720, 800*600 ect. the div will auto adjust to that size). How can I do this using CSS? Will I need to use javascript instead?

Also, how would I make the div the height of users screen, but the width 200% wider that the visitors resolution?

TIA, I have adwords vouchers for anyone that can help me :)

Hailee
    Participant

Those are supposed to be div tags, this site filtered them out.

mbavio

What about using height: 100% and width: 200%?

chrisburton
    Participant

@Tiffz I think you could use media queries for the browser resolution.

Mottie

Also, not everyone has their browser set to maximum screen resolution. I never do, unless I’m watching a video. So as @ChristopherBurton said, try media queries, but realize the resolutions you posted are max sizes instead of fixed sizes.

Hailee
    Participant

Ok well how would I find the fixed size and display the div as that size?

WCMiller

If you don’t mind, what is the purpose of doing so. I can think of a couple techniques that might be worth using, but I’d rather know what you’re trying to accomplish so I can see if they would do you any good.

chrisburton
    Participant

@Tiffz it is easier if you tell us what you’re trying to accomplish specifically so we can weed out what won’t work for your situation instead of simply guessing.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.