Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS How to implement icon fonts

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    posterity576
    Participant

I’m interested in including icon fonts on my personal blog, but I’m not too sure what I should do once I’ve picked out a few icon fonts on http://icomoon.io/.

Do I download the font package and place that folder in the image folder within my ‘site’ directory folder? Do I even need to download the font package and place it in any such folder? Do I link to the icon I’m interested in using by pointing to its directory location?

I’m grateful for any suggestions at this point.

chrisburton
    Participant

@posterity576 What files do you have at this point?

chrisburton
    Participant

Upload the font folder and CSS file to your server. Rename the CSS file they gave you to typography.css. Then, in your regular CSS file for your site, at the very top put `@import ‘path/to/typography.css’ – obviously use the correct path. Let me know when you’re finished with that.

chrisburton
    Participant

Great. Can you link me to both css files?

chrisburton
    Participant

I’d prefer that you did so that I can show you an example. I need access to the fonts in the font folder and the css file that comes with it. Although I don’t know the contents of the license so I’m not sure you can do that.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.