Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS How to get this type of responsive menu hide/show on click

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    alston
    Participant

Hello,
    I primarily have worked with joomla (wordpress too but not nearly as much) and before that my first sites were stict html/CSS pages. I have put together many sites from personal to corporate, eCommerce as well. I build all my sites now using Joomla and start with the Gantry framework and completely customize the work. I do not consider myself a developer though I have edited some modules and php files, htaccess, configuration.php, basic javascript as well.

My question is this – can someone please point me towards which language, I imagine it’s either javascript, jquery, CSS3, or a combination of one or the other of the first two and CSS3 – that is used to create this functionality of this menu on this site:

http://www.squarespace.com

I like how when viewed on a mac/pc you have the option to click and the page shifts over to show the menu on the side. It’s also the same swipe/shift function when viewed on iPhone, which I love.

I’m wanting to do this as I’m trying to learn more about adding newer forms of interactivity within my site(s). I’d love to know what coding was used to accomplish this as well as how you can find out by inspecting the page. I do use the Chrome web developer tool to inspect pages, as well as Firebug for Firefox if those can help learn this..?

alston
    Participant

Cool thanks mcjohnst. Pretty cool stuff!

Preface Studios Ltd
    Participant
    Preface Studios Ltd
    Participant

Actually, does anyone know how squarespace made it so that if the menu is open and you scroll down far enough is disappears again? That’s a pretty nice feature.

Preface Studios Ltd
    Participant

Bump. Sorry I know its marked as solved but I’d really like to know how you do it and I’m not advanced enough with javascript yet.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.