Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other How to get higher in google

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    chanman

If you search cordial cottage right now I am on the third page as cordialcottage.com and was on the first, is their a way to get back on the first?

TheDoc

You have no h1 on your home page, as well as nearly no content for Google to crawl through.

Johnnyb

Yeah it appears that not a single page on your site has any real text content, aside from menu links and page titles. How can you expect Google to index you highly for the words ‘Cordial’ and ‘Cottage’ when they don’t appear anywhere on your site outside of images and URLs?

View Source on the home page and you’ll see that the word ‘Cordial’ appears nowhere outside of your title attribute and the URL in your navigation links.

Also, I’m pretty sure Google penalizes for animated gif backgrounds like that. No I’m just kidding, but it sure doesn’t help keep users on the site.

chanman

Thanks for the info, and what background would y’all suggest for the site I can’t figure out what it should be. I really don’t care for it I just don’t know what it should be.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.