Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other How to get customized information for product

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    katt777
    Participant

I was wondering if there is a way to add an extra tab or text box to the storefront theme product page that will allow me to collect custom information from customers. For example if wanted them to tell me what they want engraved on a necklace before they add the necklace to their cart?

Thanks in advance

Senff
    Participant

That totally depends on what store software you use.

Let me rephrase that… Yes, I’m sure it’s possible, but the amount of effort involved totally depends on what store software you use.

katt777
    Participant

Thanks for replying. I’m using WooCommerce…shortly after I submitted this question I found a couple plugins that should be able to do the job. I’m having a little trouble getting them to work as I like. I was hoping for a way to do this without a plugin, but I suppose if I can get one of the plugins to work I will be happy with that.

Thanks again

Senff
    Participant

If you want to do this without a plugin, you’ll probably have to code it yourself. The plugins will take a lot of work from your hands, but they might not be working as you desire right out of the box — that’s when you can just ask the plugin developer on their support forum.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.