Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other How to find what keywords people used to find a given website?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    CrocoDillon
    Participant

Is there any way to find out about the keywords people used in search queries that ended up them finding the given website (potential competitors, so I doubt they are happy to share Google Analytics with you)?

This will be useful for SEO when planning what brand name, domain name, page titles etc. would be effective.

RedJokingInn

Maybe [SEOquake](http://www.seoquake.com/ “”) is the tool you’re looking for?
    It has many options and plugins and delivers extensive SEO information that can be exported. I believe you can even compare a complete list of URL’s at the same time.

JohnMac4

Are you looking at this for rankings or just to see what people are looking for? You can use Google AdWords to assess the strength of certain keywords and how many times people in an area search those specific keywords.

jurotek
    Participant

You can also associate your webmaster tools with analytics property and then you’ll be able to see what search queries generate most impressions, clicks and CTR and what landing page that search query leads to. Quite useful info for SEO.

JoshWhite

Inspiration for what? A web design firm? Or just a client site?

For just keyword look ups – I second Google Adwords if you don’t currently have access to one of those SEO tools (like Raven).

If it’s for a web design company, my recommendation would be don’t get too caught up on the name. I spent far too much time on my own business name and in the end it really didn’t matter. Delivering great work and being good to work with is the only thing that earned additional business. The #1 thing that matters is actually being able to say the name without having to clarify or spell it for someone.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.