Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS [Solved] How to delete an ".entry-header" on my pages

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    pingmeister
    Participant

Trying to fine tune a site prior to launching it, it’s currently on a temp domain server. Visit this page and see comic guy with mustache next to “useful links” widget? He appears on all pages throughout, and I am trying to delete that specific header. I review it in Firebug and see it’s location in “style.css”. I want to be certain that’s where this actually is located. Or, is it a php file? And if it is a php file, Do I navigate to APPEARANCE>EDITOR>(and then where?)

pingmeister
    Participant

Thanks John. Can you also click this page and you will see that same image appears throughout the site. So I am trying to understand as to what specific page I’d navigate to omit/hide/delete that header entirely from the site. Do I navigate to “style.css” to achieve this, and if so, what actual complete line of code do I eliminate? Or, is it located in the theme? I have a “custom theme” and originally developed from the 2012 theme…..so am in a conumdrum of sorts.

PS: when I added this code:

.entry-header {
    display: none;
    }

.entry-title {
    }

.archive-title {
    }

in “style.css” it also caused all of my other images (like those in the current tag cloud) to get deleted off the site….so I took them out. Once I did, voila….that mustached man appeared again ARRRGGH

__
    Participant

I am trying to understand as to what specific page I’d navigate to omit/hide/delete that header entirely from the site.

Why not simply remove the heading? Or, if you want to keep the heading but not the background image, remove the classnames (entry-header, entry-title)?

pingmeister
    Participant

You r input John and Traq is invaluable. I was a straight HTML wysiwyg person for over a decade until I began restructuring my old Frontpage2002-built site, using WordPress. As I got into WP further, I began to learn the inner functionality and now getting more and more accustomed to CSS and style.css in general….your tips on how finding that page id and assigning a function to it is interesting….so a learning experience. THANK YOU. I appreciate your help and insight.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.