Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS how to deal with background Image?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    cybershot
    Participant

I am working on a site. The site is a fixed layout. The main background is 1020px wide. I have a 19 inch wide screen. So on both right and left sides, there are about 1 inch white bars from the background of the browser. I can’t decide how to handle the problem. Right now, I just made the background black but it looks hideous. This is not a good fix. What do you recommend for this issue? The red is part is a wall paper. So you can see the black radial gradient which makes this background a fixed background. So what do you think I should do with the leftover on the right and left. Visible is the left side.

[img]http://www.iwdstudios.com/image.jpg[/img]

noahgelman
    Participant

Try centering the image to the top center and make it repeat-x. It shouldn’t look pretty good. If you dont want to do that. you could take a vertical slice of the side. and attach that to the html background and repeat-x and have your big background exactly like how u have it on the body. Does that make sense to you?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.