Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS How to create WP header background-colored with CSS?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    mxpcss
    Participant

Hey guys,

I’m trying to customize a wordpress theme in the header section,

As to make it more responsive, I deleted the default image background, as I would like to keep this blank or just fill the empty section with a color code using css,
    Kindly help if any idea how to do this?
    Thanks in advance,

Paulie_D

I don’t understand, you say

As to make it more responsive, I deleted the default image background, as I would like to keep this blank or just fill the empty section with a color code using css,

So you did it….so what do you need help on?

mxpcss
    Participant

Let me say it again simply:
    I have installed a word press theme,
    by default there is a picture displayed in the header, clear at here?

I deleted that header image, so the header now is just a blank,
    What I wanted to do is to fill in that empty space (blank) of the header section with a color using css code, is clear enough?
    thanks,

Paulie_D

Did you delete the actual image or was it a line in the CSS relating to background image?

If the latter (which I assume since you refer to it as a background image), just replace that line with background-color: your color here;

If not…find that line in your style sheet and change it,

mxpcss
    Participant

As I said: was an image, NOT a code or any
    I just asking if can replace the image, to fill the header section background with css code,
    I mentioned that I need to insert background color in the header section, NOT all theme background,

Paulie_D

You referred to it as a background image which is CSS and is not the same an an image in the HTML.

You would have to find the CSS that styles the header and apply CSS (background-color:`) to that as I said.

mxpcss
    Participant

was clear from the 1st reply that u did not get it clearly,,
    so when dint know the answer,,, just keep debating in the details out of the main point,,, or yeah,, u have no clue what was the question about,

Paulie_D

I understood perfectly what you actually asked but perhaps that’s not what you actually meant which is why I gave you a couple of options depending on what you might have meant.

Either the image was in the HMTL which is an “inline image” or was used as part of a CSS background property in the CSS stylesheet.

If you removed the image from the folder (which is what I am assuming you mean by “deleting the image background”) then it would not show in either case.

So, if you want to replace that so-called “background” with something else (such as a solid color) you would have to find the line in the CSS stylesheet which defines the background and change that.

We don’t know where that line is in whatever theming styelsheet you have since we don’t have access to it or even a link to the actual site. If you can provide a link we might be able to help further.

As it stands, you just haven’t provided enough definite information to be able to answer in any more detail.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.