Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other How to create site's page hierarchy with Folders?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    noop
    Participant

I am wandering how to create an internal link such as http://www.example.com/about/company.html. Is it achieved by putting the company.html page in an “about” folder. If there are a number of ways to do this, please advice :D, because for a large site there would be a lot of nested folders and would make my root directory ugly.

Senff
    Participant

because for a large site there would be a lot of nested folders and would make my root directory ugly.

On the contrary! By putting your files in folders, you keep your root folder clean. A handful of folders (each containing files and/or folders) is a lot more organized than having dozens of files in the root.

Shikkediel
    Participant

Don’t get hosting with server access then because the ‘real’ root really is ugly as badword to look at (your site is already a subdirectory of that in the bigger scheme of things)…

noop
    Participant

So there is no alternative to folders, is there? Ah FolderCeption!

noop
    Participant

Yah! I read about this solution where the readable links are converted to unreadable query links via a database that stores all such relations and displays them. Thanks for the help :). You are truly the Shane that you are ;)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.