Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End How to create editable block content in WordPress theme without using a plugins

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    arshad_ahm
    Participant

Hi,

I am a newbee at WordPress and practicing with theme designing using WordPress.
    I have created a HTML5 template and converting it to WordPress, the layout is 3 and 4 column based layout having many content blocks in the in it. content blocks are like welcome, about us intro, why us, featured services etc. with thumbnail images also in the blocks, I want to create a custom page for blogs also. i there any way to create the editable block content in WordPress theme without using any plugings, I have downloaded some plugins but I dont want to use any plugins.

Thanks.

Mottie

Well, a basic content editable block does nothing but trigger focus and blur events and allow the user to type in and change a block of content; but you will need to write any code, much like an input, to make the block interactive. This code will probably need to update your database, provide feedback to the user in case there is an error, allow the canceling of the change, etc.

It might even be a good idea to add some basic editing controls (if you want to make it into a WYSIWYG editor) like bold, italics, indent, etc.

If you can do all of that on your own, then sure don’t bother with any plugins. Otherwise, I would recommend checking out something like [Aloha Editor](http://www.aloha-editor.org/).

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.