Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS [Solved] How to construct a DIV like this?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    knowledgenotebook
    Participant

Hi,

I have a page consisted of some same size images (780×437), see this URL,
    http://knowledgenotebook.com/dev/demo.html
    and I’d like to have a DIV that would contain some text to resemble such an image in terms of size, background, and its feel and look. How to do so with CSS?

Many thanks.

Paulie_D

I’m really not understanding what you are asking.

You want to reconstruct that image using HTML & CSS?

What would be the point?

If you must, what have you tried?

Fire up Photoshop (or whatever design tool you use) and get started.

knowledgenotebook
    Participant

@Jerba,

On “create the look at feel of the images used in the resources you provided?”, yes, please take a look below,
    http://knowledgenotebook.com/dev/KN_screen2.png

And my idea to replace the screen captured image with powder blue with the new greyish background, this part has not bee completed yet.

Also, fyi, data input with some text formatting function is the basic functionality of what we provide with the tool.

Thanks.

knowledgenotebook
    Participant

@Paulie_D,

“You want to reconstruct that image using HTML & CSS?”
    No.

“What would be the point?”
    The demo page has two segment, each is an image, initially created with possibly PowerPoint with screen capture. I’d like to add another segment (it would contain textual data) that would resemble the feel and look of these two segments. That’s all.

Thanks.

Paulie_D

How to do so with CSS?

I’m gonna fall back on the oldest answer..

“What have you tried?”

I confess that quite often I get the impression that you treat this forum as a coding service. More than once you have asked vague questions that show no real attempt to solve these things for yourself.

I suggest that you employ a professional developer for your needs rather than impose of the generosity of others.

knowledgenotebook
    Participant

“What have you tried?”
    Fair enough. I’ve taken care of it now. Tho I’m not really into CSS, I can manage to take care of it as well. Forgive me for my initial laziness.

knowledgenotebook
    Participant

“I’ve thrown together if something like this is what you’re going for?”, interesting, thanks.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.