Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS How to configure Anything Slider so the navigation tabs don’t drop down on image switch?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    designbyhawk

Hey all (first post here)-

I do a lot of graphics work but my web design skill is seriously lacking.

I am configuring Anything Slider to use on my homepage, and everything is going well so far. My only problem is that I can not change an option such that the navigation menu drops down *only* when it is hovered over. Changing the toggleControls option makes the navigation menu drop down when it is hovered, but also on image switch.

EDIT: test page is here –> http://www.designbyhawk.com/pixel

Option:

toggleControls: true, // if true, slide in controls (navigation + play/stop button) on hover and slide change, hide @ other times

Relevant code (I believe):

// Slide controls (nav and play/stop button up or down)
    base.slideControls = function(toggle, playing){
    var dir = (toggle) ? 'slideDown' : 'slideUp',
    t1 = (toggle) ? 0 : base.options.animationTime,
    t2 = (toggle) ? base.options.animationTime: 0,
    sign = (toggle) ? 0 : 1; // 0 = visible, 1 = hidden
    if (base.options.toggleControls) {
    base.$controls.stop(true,true).delay(t1)[dir](base.options.animationTime/2).delay(t2);
    }
    if (base.options.buildArrows && base.options.toggleArrows) {
    if (!base.hovered && base.playing) { sign = 1; t2 = 0; } // don't animate arrows during slideshow
    base.$forward.stop(true,true).delay(t1).animate({ right: sign * base.$arrowWidth, opacity: t2 }, base.options.animationTime/2);
    base.$back.stop(true,true).delay(t1).animate({ left: sign * base.$arrowWidth, opacity: t2 }, base.options.animationTime/2);
    }
    };

So bottom-line, I want the navigation menu visible only when hovering over Anything Slider.

Thanks for the help.

designbyhawk

Anyone?

davidlab.be
    Participant

I am useing Chrome and it seems to be working the way you want. I only see the menu when I hover over the slider

VOID that last comment…it is now showing with every image change. I will look at it when I get a chance

designbyhawk

Thanks, appreciate it. Please don’t comment on the design! It’s very much under construction :)

designbyhawk

This is still an issue, anyone?

Arbiter
    Participant

Bump

designbyhawk

I just ended up hacking some CSS together to cover up the button, but I didn’t spend that much time on it. So– yes.

designbyhawk

Also worth mentioning I’m not fluent in jquery, so it’s possible there is an easy fix I didn’t see.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.