Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other How to collaborate with other developers?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    JohnMotylJr
    Participant

Hey folks, i figured i would see if any of yall have the inside scoop on this before i start Googling.

A lot of the work i do is independent so i rarely need to collaborate with anyone. A buddy of mine from college and i will be working on a cool project in a few days. I hate having to send millions of emails to talk with someone real time. Are there any popular or super easy and clean kind of instant messaging systems available to chat in real time?

I have used things like, MSN Messenger, Yahoo Instant Messenger, and a couple others but they are just full of stupid things i don’t need. I doubt i will need an animated cartoon puking while i need to ask about some code lol..

Any suggestions are welcome and feedback on how you guys/gals communicate with partners will be super appreciated.

Alen
    Participant

Skype.

JohnMotylJr
    Participant

@AlenAbdula, i forgot to mention that one as well.. Thanks for your input, is that what you use?

CrocoDillon
    Participant

Google+ chat, talk or hangouts… whatever it’s called, maybe? I don’t got any experience there but I’m looking for a decent way to chat about work-related stuff as well.

JohnMotylJr
    Participant

@CrocoDillon, thanks man. I have decided that i am just going to write my own in C# using the MSN Messenger SDK lol.. Totally bare bones messenger without all the garbage (ads, worthless extra junk). The only thing i am going to do is give it a KICKASS UI!!

TheDoc
    JohnMotylJr
    Participant

@TheDoc, hey thanks for the input. I like the campfire one already. Text, share code, etc.. Nice share.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.