Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other How to be Awesome Web Designer/Developer?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    kimjaydot
    Participant

I was wondering how long did you guys take to learn web languages such as HTML & CSS to be an expert? I’m looking at my CSS book to improve my skills but I feel like giving up. I want to build good websites like this https://www.edlio.com/ instead of basic html websites. Any recommendations/advice? Much Appreciated =)

Beverleyh
    Participant

Yes, try not to compare yourself with other people because everyone has their own strengths. I like to think that the only person you need to be concerned about being better than, is the person you were yesterday.

Relish the learning aspect. There aren’t many environments that move so quickly, or that provide such great opportunities, so keep striving to better yourself, develop where you can and most of all, enjoy what you do.

I think personal projects are great for improving your skills too. Maybe set yourself little goals and release a few open source projects. As the guys above already said, there’s nothing like getting stuck in to a project do a shed load of learning on the way.

Good luck with your learning and may the future hold many opportunities for you :)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.