Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Design How to align my entire content to the right

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    vasmus
    Participant

Hi there,

i am trying to figure out how to align my entire content to the right. I will be using a background image for the body in which the image is on the left leaving me a white space on the right where i would like to put my entire content. This includes the header as well. Can anyone help me out on how to achieve this. I tried using float right on my div but when i scale it down it covers the left image which is a pity. My guts tell me that i will have to do something with grids but i am not really sure.

Thank you already!

Violet

Paulie_D

I suspect you are overthinking this.

You have a background image which covers a portion of the body (say 20% of the width), with the remaining space (80%) available for content.

So all you need is a containing div that is 80% wide and align that to the right.

Something like this:

https://codepen.io/Paulie-D/pen/mwOaqJ

What I also suspect is that your body background image isn’t scaling. Perhaps you are using fixed widths or something?

Ideally we need to see a reduced/basic demo in Codepen.io so we can see your code an tinker with that.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Design’ is closed to new topics and replies.