Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other How should I improve my design?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    mestremind

I just finished this design a couple of weeks ago, now I’m wondering, is it good enough? how can I make it better? what are your thought on it?

http://www.mestremind.com

Rob MacKay
    Participant

dude, seriously that sweet.

I think the only 2 things I could say design wise, which are so small, and actually one is probably really irrelavant…

Design wise:

1. on your menu hover, the is a white gap at the top, now I think thats by design, but it just bugs me – because its me lol… so if its by design and you like it – leave it :)

2. Typography. I would set your line height to about 1.5em – just frees the text a little more.

The design is beatiful, I’m loving it.

Code…

Tables!!! You let me down there dude lol If you can, or have time… change your table layout for block elements (DIVs ULs and the like), keep the tables for data…

You have some random CSS in your head tag – stick it all in your style1.css

Thats some really nice graphics there dude, the code just let you down a little – but good job :)

ikthius

as said, very sweet.

as robski said the white gap line when hovering kills it a bit, but only noticable to us lot.

I for one don’t like the black twitter bird on the nav bar, I think it looks odd sitting there, and you have got it later on the page.

I kind of like the mirror image on the text above the navbar, but I think it should fade out

other than those, it is sweet.

to make it a more complete site, why not make other CSS files to increase font size, cause dude that is very professional looking

mattvot

Looks good.

1 suggestion. It takes a small amount of time to load the hover image links. To solve this add something like this to the bottom of your page:

Code:
    over1
    over1
    over1
    over1
    over1
    over1

This loads the images in the browser’s cache before you hover the link, so no delay.

You may want to put the css into the stylesheet too.

EDIT

Ooo, and I also agree the mirrored text should fade out too

Wow – I agree with the above – I love that design, seriously well done mate!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.