Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other How Should I Enter Custom Metatags Override?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Diniz76
    Participant

Hi Guys,

Forgive me if I am on the wrong place to ask this.

I have entered all the meta tittle, meta tag, keywords for my products on the website, however this is not showing on google.

I have a box that I can enter custom metags override, however I am not sure how to this, what are the condings that goes in their.

THIS IS THE MESSAGE THAT I HAVE ON THE BOX

CUSTOM METATAGS OVERRIDE [TEXT : UNLIMITED]
    This field is designed for use by web designers and SEO professionals. It is recommended that this field be used only by those with extensive knowledge of SEO techniques and methods.

Any code entered into this field will override all other SEO and meta settings for this article.

Please give me a shout if anyone can help.

Many thanks for reading it.

Diniz76

ninique

Your meta tags won’t show up in Google until Google indexes your site. Actually, the only one that will actually show up in google is the description tag. The other ones are just to help google index your page.

As for your other question, I’m not really sure. It seems like you’re using some kind of CMS and those boxes are for replacing your main meta tags with something else, for particular cases. So like for example if you have a site that is selling shoes, you’ll have keywords and descriptions in your meta tags that have to do with shoes. But say you have this one page that has socks for sale. Then it wouldn’t make sense to have all those keywords about shoes on that page, so in those boxes you can write new meta tags for just that page that have keywords that have to do with socks.

Diniz76
    Participant

Hi Guys

Thanks for the tips and your comments.

Very much appreciated as it helped a lot.

Diniz76

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.