Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other How many people use Adobe products?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    nixnerd
    Participant

In light of some of the new trends in web design, I’d like to conduct an informal poll:

How many people use Adobe Products in their workflow?

If you do, tell us why. If you don’t, tell us why.

I think this is an interesting topic, given some of the things on Codepen that are PURE CSS.

I’m aware there are open and closed source alternatives to Adobe products. Talk about those too if you like. But… I’m primarily concerned with Adobe, as they are the market leader who would be most affected in a giant shift of how design is done.

Senff
    Participant

Photoshop and Reader.

Senff
    Participant

The only way to know for sure is to just try it, I would guess!

Not sure what Adobe product you’re referring to that can be replaced by pure CSS though….

TheDoc

I no longer use any Adobe products. Our designs are created in Sketch (amazing app) and I haven’t touched Dreamweaver for a long time now.

__
    Participant

I want any excuse I can to delete my Windows partition

While I appreciate this instinct, I’d advise shrinking it instead and keeping it around. Just in case. It’s not free/convenient to replace, after all.

Senff
    Participant

I’m sure you can work without any Adobe product. Yes, creating graphics can often be done with CSS and you don’t need Photoshop or Illustrator with that.

BUT

What if you’re provided a design in layered PSD format and you need to create a website of that? How will you view and dissect the design?

yoyo
    Participant

i use adobe Photoshop for creating layered mockups, i don’t think GIMP is an good alternative for Photoshop

hate to code inside Dreamweaver,notepad++ is my favorite

chrisburton
    Participant

You can just purchase Typekit separately though – it’s pretty affordable as a font library goes

Don’t forget about Webtype. Better quality for your money.

@Gray, thanks for reminding me about Sketch. Completely forgot about it.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.