Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other How is html received “FireFox feedback” Help Please

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    JustinBeaird

Are HTML files sent all at once or can a web browser read to a certain point and stop?
    like read to a tag or favicon icon and stop?

Reason I’m asking is Firefox’s tabs on demand are great but I don’t think they go far enough.
    I get quite annoyed when opening multiple tabs with “open link in new tab” and music starts playing in the background or a background tab has heavy JavaScript, images, plugins and Firefox gets bogged down

I was thinking of sending the feedback below to Firefox Aurora just not sure where to send it or word it.
    any help would be great

Tabs on demand are great but can this be done with “open link in new tab” When tab is opened in background just get the favicon and title tags. ignore styles/javasript/plugins/img until tab is clicked, This way unviewed tabs wont bog down Firefox

TheDoc

No, but you could accomplish this with JS.

Never heard of tabs on demand.

JustinBeaird

@TheDoc

“Tabs on Demand”

Firefox allows users to resume tabs open in a previous session. This can become slow/lagy with numerous tabs. The tabs on demand feature only reloads the currently selected tab – the other tabs are loaded as they’re clicked.

I’m a little bit unsure why you would want a new tab to suspend loading until you click on it? I understand it when opening up multiple tabs (i.e. resuming a previous session), but assuming you are on a loaded page, wouldn’t you want the tab that you just opened to load in the background so that it is ready for you when you click on it?

I’m not sure as I mainly use Chrome, but does opening a few tabs slow down Firefox?

JustinBeaird

@joshuanhibbert

chrome also lags with multiple tabs full of JavaScript and other crap loads all at once also you always have to find which tab has the annoying auto play video/music

Maybe its the way I browse but I bet I’m not the only one.

when I go to Google news I usually open up a bunch of links I want to read in new tabs then close them as I’m done.

or when I do a search I will usually open up multiple tabs on the results that look relevant to save time. if I find all that I wanted to know in first link. why did I wast my bandwidth / page load times

“The Annoying part and Firefox lag”
    music/videos and JavaScript and crap start loading all at once can really slow Firefox and page loads down. then sometimes an annoying video, music or ad set to auto play starts which I have to hunt down to stop

if it waited till tab was clicked Page load times would be faster and Firefox would feel more responsive

maybe something like just loading the html and styles in background then load rest when tab is clicked or a priority system like when you click on a tab that is loading it will slow down the transfer of other tabs till the one your on is done loading

Fair enough, I browse in a similar fashion, although Chrome handles that just fine.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.