Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End How Fruitful Are Social Networking Apps for iPhone?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    gemm013

Hey folks,
    Facebook,Twitter,orkut amd Linkedln social networking apps have been generating big business for the creators of the applications. Location based apps are now the new hype and have given the developers something new to explore and the investors to invest in something that is bound to grow and be profitable.

Many companies are also opting for outsourcing the iPhone apps development services, my query is “will it prove to be very lucrative with outsourcing and can a company get high quality services at quite reasonable costs if outsourcing is done”. ..Need Opinions!!

Paulie_D

It’s arguable as to whether ANY of the apps you mention are actually profitable with FB being the significant exception and they generate the vast majority of their income from ads and paid games.

App creation could certainly be a revenue stream for a developer but huge….I think not.

Senff
    Participant

In my opinion, the best apps are those that are made by people who have a passion for making apps, who actually enjoy creating it and work around a great idea. To create an app with the intent of making money (and putting that as a more important drive than creating something useful) is a dubious approach, I think.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.