Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other How do you use gmail?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Just curious how folks utilize gmail or if they have the same struggle I do. I’ve really come to terms with the fact that I NEED IMAP support so I switched over. What I’m noticing is that because gmail doesn’t use subject lines the same way, the more email I’m accumulating I’m having a harder time locating a specific conversation or thread because of very long conversation strings.

Do I just need to get used to using the search function for everything after you get a larger amount of email coming through? Or is there a much more straight forward method that I’m just spacing?

Rob MacKay
    Participant

lazily and from the browser. lol

My normal system is – if its important and current star it, if its not… archive. :D Everything else gets read and deleted or just deleted…

I have tags and filters set up to catch emails, like from twitter and each individual mailbox so I can sort though them quickly too.

But thats about it really.

Chris Coyier
    Keymaster

Yeah there is an elaborate tagging/folder system as well you can use. Personally I’m cool with google-powered search.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.