Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End How do you test website and web application for security?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    jamesburton2

Hi,

I would like to know how you would test application and websites for security?

Can you recommend the best way of testing web applications for vulnerabilities?

Thank you

From
    James Burton

TheDoc

A pretty good question that I unfortunately don’t have an answer to. I don’t build any web apps, so I’ve never really ‘tested’ anything there.

In WordPress I make sure to read a few security articles before going live and implement a few things, but that’s really about it.

I should probably take it a little more seriously!

Some of the backend guys around here might have a better idea.

CodeGraphics
    Participant

@traq, I suppose you are talking about dynamic websites. I have a related, but different question here: https://css-tricks.com/forums/discussion/26912/website-hacking-i-have-a-question

Alen
    Participant
    saeed55sd

hi, you should escape any data from your web application inputs and outputs:
    if you are using MySQLi use real_scape function
    if you are using PDO MySQL use quoteInto
    and we have some function in php and even you can write your own preg_match and your own security function;

you should scape any execute syntax, style sheet, HTML comment tags, java script tags and on… functions and any special character

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.