Skip to main content

Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    noahgelman
    Participant

I have an absolutely positioned element.

Basically, I want to use a css transition to change it’s top/left value, pause, then move back again. Probably as a reaction to some event so no looping. Is this possible?

For example, it’s left value goes from 200px to 500px, pauses, then goes back to 200px.

I am looking for a strictly CSS solution. I’m perfectly aware how to do it in javascript. I don’t have a site to link to.

Paulie_D

Not to difficult…what have you tried?

Make a small demo with Codepen.io. for us to play with.

Just a first attempt at what it is you are after.

You haven’t mentioned what kind of ‘event’ would be required…because that will make a difference.

You say you know how to do it in JS….then you should have no issue with the CSS.

noahgelman
    Participant

Ok, here is a codepen.io of a simple click on a div. It move and rotate the div.

http://codepen.io/anon/pen/ZYEKbj

What I want to do is as the end of that transition, pause, and then change the height and rotate again.

What I can’t do is make it stop, and then adjust the top/left/rotate again inside the same effect.

I know I can do this with jquery animate on the click event, but I’m trying to do it just by switching classes on the element.

Can this be done?

TheDoc

Do you want it to happen all in one motion? If so, you’ll want CSS animations, not transitions.

TheDoc

Specifically, you’ll want the power of keyframes.

noahgelman
    Participant

@TheDoc, ultimately I want it to move, pause, move to a new location.

If I have to use animations then I will.

I don’t know much about css animations. Do you know how to do it with animations?

TheDoc
    noahgelman
    Participant

BOOM.

You are a wizard Doc.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.