Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End How Do I Upload a Folder to my Server

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    RoySajeeb
    Participant

hello, i’ve been googling for hours now and i still haven’t found a solution to uploading folders, yes raw folders(retaining the exact same directory structure when uploaded), to my server. i know, i can’t do accomplish this with javascript or php alone but i was wondering if i could do this with flash, or anything out there… i know for instance this can be done as i can upload folders(raw) to google drive and dropbox, i don’t know if they use Java in particular, but if they can do it, then this can be done… any response or posted links will be appreciated… thanks!

P.S. i’m talking about uploading files via the browser.

RoySajeeb
    Participant

i’m sorry but i was talking about uploading files via the browser

Shikkediel
    Participant

Never mind. I must be interpreting this wrong.

RoySajeeb
    Participant

then how does google drive do it?

Shikkediel
    Participant

So if I understand correctly it would just be file storage? Well, php could do this for example but then anybody could try to upload stuff unless you block all IPs but your own. Using FTP like shaneisme suggested would be the way to go, I think.

RoySajeeb
    Participant

well…. i already figured out how to do that…. how to upload raw folders to the server using webkitdirectory.. thanks for the reply anyway. :)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.