Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End How do I remove or edit class="xoxo blogroll" ?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    OlaHaldor

I’m utilizing the Links feature in WordPress in a way it probably wasn’t built to do. I’m not familiar with scripting PHP myself, and after countless hours of trial and error, I tested something new the other day – LINKS. And it looks like it will fit my problem perfectly, until I hit the wall an hour ago.

There are three areas in the website with widgets. In each of these I want to show separate categories for links. I’ve managed to do this, and I’m happy with the outcome. But one of them is placed in the header and has a jQuery atuo fading gallery thing to it, and unfortunately it will project on every links widget since all of them are given the class="xoxo blogroll".

Is there a way to edit if not both, at least one of those classes so I can separate the areas? With a bit of googling I can’t find anything about styling different categories for links, only categories for contents. :roll: The answer might be right in front of me, but I’ve been looking so hard that I’m blinded.

Has anyone come across this problem before? Want to share some experience?

Egghead

Hey OlaHaldor,

I’m really hoping that you’ve gotten through this already given the age of the post, but just in case you haven’t, here’s some humble advice.

If you’ve styled the blogroll elements already in your CSS, just add the div id where this category is being displayed (i.e. in the header) to the beginning of another .blogroll class after that in your CSS to target that particular category:

Code:
    /*CSS for differently bitchin’ links*/
    #header.blogroll {
    background: #000;
    color: #fff;
    font-weight: bold;
    }

…or something like that.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.