Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript How Do I Make FoxyCart Play Nice with a jQuery’d WordPress Theme

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    capacitron

In this scenario I’m using ElegantThemes “SimplePress”. You can see their demo here: http://www.elegantthemes.com/preview/SimplePress/
    It has a jQuery featured slider and jQuery top Nav Bar Menu. When the FoxyCart code is added to header.php FoxyCart will function just fine but the new code breaks the themes featured slider and top nav menu as well. It appears (I’m guessing of course) that the jQuery conflict is due to it being called twice within the <head>.

Any suggestions or solutions to solving this?

Below is the current head code:

capacitron

LOL! This post is like kryptonite. No matter what forum I post this question on it gets avoided like the plague. So what does a guy gotta do to get a question like this answered? I’ll take anything.

richtestani

It sounds like you answered your question.
    You are called JQuery twice, which could cause problems for foxycart.

I don’t know anything about the template you are using. But why dont you leave off the jquery call that foxycart provides since you are already loading it.

Rich

capacitron

Thanks guys for commenting.
    @ChristopherBurton Brilliant! I love simple solutions. Works great thanks! They had to be in the following order to work:

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘JavaScript’ is closed to new topics and replies.