Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End how do I make an entire td clickable?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    kurstxmo
    Participant

Hi,

I’m working on a wordpress site and am having a hard time figuring out how to make and entire td clickable in my table. I have an anchor tag wrapped around the text within the td’s themselves. I also have some br’s within the text (not sure if that’s throwing a wrench in the gears) for formatting purposes. I want the shape of the large boxes, so I added those to create more space. I’m sure there’s a smarter way…

Here is the page and you’ll see the colorful table:

http://pretendcity.org/education/field-trips/morning-field-trips/

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Paulie_D

I also have some br’s within the text

To start with…please don’t do that.

Frankly, it arguable whether using a table there is “correct” in the first place. I would probably lay it out in a more current form using divs etc.

However, all of the ‘extra’ space is around links (padding: 40px 15px; on the td) and that is restricting the size of the anchor links. If you put that padding on the anchor link a, instead of the tdthe whole link/box is now clickable.

I think that will work.

kurstxmo
    Participant

Thanks @Paulie_D for the reply.

I took your advice and tried creating it using just divs. While working on it locally I got it to look great. I tested it in different browsers and it all looked fine. At this time, I have to work with what I’ve got, and many pages on the site I’m working on were built with tables, so it looks like I’m having a difficult time trying to get my divs and styling to render properly when I drop all the code into the page via wordpress. almost nothing I’ve done renders when I put it in wordpress, its really aggravating.

Any clue as to what I’m doing wrong? Here’s the page and everything the the div is not showing up as it should. Right under where is says “Field Trip Options:” Morning Field Trips…

Paulie_D

WP is a whole other issue.

If you wish I can push this over the WP/CMS area?

kurstxmo
    Participant

Sure, thank you. It looked as though I had it figured out with the table, but now it looks like the bottom is dropping out and the tds are overlapping in chrome.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.