Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Back End How do I create a custom form in WordPress?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    eda49

Hi Guys,

For the last few days I have been searching on how to create my own custom form (name, email, address, postcode, etc) that I want to include in my Blogs sidebar to no success. What I want to be able to do is to take those details and store them in a database and also email myself with the details but I haven’t seen any proof that this is possible.

Does anybody know if it is possible to create your own custom forms and if so could they please point me in the right direction!

Thanks in advance,
    Ed

TheDoc

You can create custom forms and put them anywhere in WordPress. If you want something in the sidebar, simply creating a form and add it to sidebar.php.

Where are you getting hung up on?

eda49

I could be missing some fundemential here and if I am then I apologise but i’m unsure where I am ment to put my processing PHP to send the mail and store in the DB. When I set the <form> action to details-send.php for example I just get a 404 (the file is in my theme folder).

I have seen tutorials on creating page templates but I need this form to work in my sidebar. Any ideas?

Cheers,
    Ed

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Back End’ is closed to new topics and replies.