Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS How do I attach a 7z file – I have a short php one pager positioning problem

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    gilblais
    Participant

It contains a short php file, a js file and a css file.
    This was originally Chris Coyers INVOICING freeware which I want to only remove one html field and keep everything aligned as it was as if that field had never been there.
    Totally stuck on the CSS to fix this and have spent a LOT of time to no avail.
    Any help is well appreciated. Thanks in advance, Gil Blais

Beverleyh
    Participant

To “attach” something to the forum, just upload it to your web host and paste the link into your post.

However, it is unlikely that people will download your zipped pack for a few reasons;
    1 – It takes more effort: We’d need to download, extract, upload the files to our own web space, navigate to and view the page in a browser, and poke about in dev tools in order to make assessments about the CSS.
    2 – We don’t know you: As a completely new person to the forum, we haven’t built up any kind of relationship with you to trust that the download doesn’t contain anything harmful… *insert an extra step into point 1: “scan for viruses” and probably also “check that the php script doesn’t do anything nasty like recursively deleting everything from my website”.

To increase the likelihood of getting a helpful answer to your positioning problem, you should extract the pertinent HTML and CSS and put it in a basic CodePen, where potential helpers can easily view and edit live in the browser.

gilblais
    Participant

As suggested, I have posted the code to CodePen under my name. It requires JQuery which I did not upload to the JS area.
    What I am looking to resolve is how to align all of the $ fields properly.
    Any help is well appreciated. Thank you in advance.
    Regards, Gil Blais

Beverleyh
    Participant

OK – post the link to your CodePen for us in the forum and we can take a look.

You said it was a CSS/positioning issue so I’m not sure if jQuery is needed, but if it is, you can link the library in ‘Settings > JavaScript > Quick-add’, and then put your custom jQuery code in the JS pane.

Thinking back to your original description though, visibility:hidden; might be all you need. This will hide X element while still allowing it to occupy the same space.

gilblais
    Participant

Hi… I have no idea how to post a link to my codepen. Thisi is what seems to make sense, so maybe this is it:

http://codepen.io/gilblais/pen/qRRBLV

[MOD EDIT – Link fixed]

Beverleyh
    Participant

You haven’t said which element you want to hide but did you see my earlier suggestion? Try applying visibility:hidden; to it.

gilblais
    Participant

The original had a field before Description called Name, which I removed. The problem results from removing the “Name” column from the table and the subsequent item names that would populate that column in the table.
    The 4 columns shown are the only ones I want. The Description can be used to consume any additional spacing required to align the Cost, Quantity and Price fields properly.
    Using style=”display:none” produces the same result as I have uploaded – good suggestion though.

gilblais
    Participant

I have solved this problem – thanks for your help Ms. Beverleyh

However, I couldn’t find a way to delete my PEN. If you know how, please delete it or email me of how.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.