Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript how can is reduce the reduce the loading time of website?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    stackon
    Participant

Hi
    sreenandhaas.com (http://sreenandhaas.com/)is single page website. purely develeped in php. website has good loading time in mobiles, but has a low loading time in desktop. to fix this issue i optimized for javascript but dosent work, how can is reduce the reduce the loading time of website to minimize the javascript.

JSNube
    Participant

Hi Stackon

The best way to customize your website for pagespeed it to do an audit first. Use Lighthouse (Google Chrome Extension) this will tell you what you need to focus on for pagespeed optimization.

Right off the bat without doing an audit, I can see your images need to be compressed and need to lazy load your off screen images, so that it only renders when it need to be in view. As for the JavaScript and CSS. Looks like a render blocking issue, see https://developers.google.com/speed/docs/insights/BlockingJS for a guideline. If you’re using WordPress, I suggest Autoptimize plugin.

Also, add expires in your .htaccess file for your images/css/js here’s a guide: https://gtmetrix.com/add-expires-headers.html

Hope this helps

JackyNiks
    Participant

I recommend you try these techniques in order to optimize your website speed:
    – code minification is a robust solution to low performance. Shopify enables you to minify CSS in a very simple way – by giving an “scss” suffix, then including it in your site with a “scss.css” suffix. However, it should be noted that Shopify doesn’t have an in-built ability to minify JavaScript.
    – additional performance issues are caused by too many redirects and broken links. It’s undeniable that redirects are really helpful: if you move the website to another URL, most likely, you want to ensure that visitors get to the right place, and redirecting is the perfect way to do this! Thus, a redirect is a great way to maintain a website’s domain authority and search rankings, in the event the site’s URL is changed for any reason. However, you should not abuse them.
    – Implement lazy loading – a performance optimization technique that loads only those elements that need to be reflected on the first screen. Other elements are loaded only if the user scrolls on the page. Such an approach differed considerably from the previous one, which saw the page load fully, no matter whether the user required it. Immediately after lazy loading is implemented, page weight can be reduced from 10% to 30%.
    – Delete all the unnecessary apps that were not in use. The issue is that even if an app is disabled, it still consumes page resources, which negatively affects the page load speed. Therefore, the only way to eliminate this is through the total removal of the app from the store.

Here you may check out more about e-commerce website optimization, read this article. Some techniques are universal, so you can apply them to optimize your store.

conglyvaness
    Participant

Right off the bat without doing an audit, I can see your images need to be compressed and need to lazy load your off screen images, so that it only renders when it need to be in view. As for the JavaScript and CSS. Looks like a render blocking issue

Small1865
    Participant

To increase the speed of loading a site, it is necessary to walk along with both the server and client-side – it is from these generalizing segments that the mentioned metric is added up.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘JavaScript’ is closed to new topics and replies.