Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums JavaScript How can I stop flexslider slideshow from crashing on iPad due to too many photos

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

I have an issue with Flexslider, on iPad it seems to crash due to too many images, because if I lessen the number of images it runs fine. You can see the slideshow at: http://lestroisverres.ch/galerie/

Is there anything I can do fix this with the ipad’s memory?

Thanks

whatsoever
    Participant

You can test window.navigator.userAgent to check if the device is iPad/iPhone and customize the number of images according to the result. I don’t have any experience with Flexslider but I can’t imagine it being something too complex to do :)

Senff
    Participant

I don’t think you should (“ever”) change content based on the device the site is viewed on. No one should be “punished” or “rewarded” with more or less content for using a specific device.

I’d rather reduce the number of images altogether (26 is quite a lot for a slider — imagine who will actually go through every single one of them), loading time is pretty high, even on desktop.

I’m not even sure if that’s the main reason why the iPad crashes. My ancient iPhone 3 could load the page without crashing.

It appears it’s the carousel below the main slideshow that is causing it to crash, when that is not shown, it doesn’t crash. The carousel is hidden on small resolutions like iphones so that’s why it might be working on that. Any other ideas?

Thanks

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The forum ‘JavaScript’ is closed to new topics and replies.