Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS how can i make a background image slider

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    omartarek
    Participant

i have made the header and the navigation menu inside the header and the header has a css property which is background image and i have set an image for it but now i want this background of the header to change automatically like a slide with some cool effects
    thanks..

Beverleyh
    Participant

What research have you done? What have you tried already?

If you don’t know where to start, here’s an idea for how to approach the problem;

For the HTML, you’ll probably be looking at a ul/list structure with each li holding a different img/background-image.

For the CSS animations, have a look into keyframes or inspect how a ready-made animations library, like Animate.css, has done things.

For the timings, you’ll most likely need to write a JavaScript function that sequentially adds and then removes a class to the list items in the HTML. Against this class you can define the animation CSS.

Beverleyh
    Participant

This might be a place to begin http://blog.fofwebdesign.co.uk/22-simple-sweep-in-news-scroller-css3-js

Modify as desired.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.