Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums CSS How can I grab the Featured Thumbnail attached to the Blog page?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    noahgelman
    Participant

I have a static home page and another page for my blog. Every time I try to grab the thumbnail I’ve attached to the Blog page itself it just grabs the one from the first post.

chrisburton
    Participant

You need to set a query to get the thumbnails for each post.

noahgelman
    Participant

I’m not trying to get the thumbnails for each post. I am only trying to get the thumbnail for the current page. On other pages it’s easy, you can just use the_post_thumbnail(), but if you use that on the blog page, it just grabs the thumbnail of the first post (even if I call it before the loop).

begetolo
    Participant

From the codex:

This tag must be used within The Loop. Use get_the_post_thumbnail($id, $size, $attr ) instead to get the featured image for any post.

http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/the_post_thumbnail

chrisburton
    Participant

I think get_attachment is another.

noahgelman
    Participant

@begetolo, I’m NOT trying to get the thumbnail from a POST. I’m trying to get the thumbnail from the current PAGE.

@chrisburton
    , I’ve tried various get_attachment options and all ended up the same. Any time I try to grab data from the Blog page, it’s just grabbing them from the posts from the loop, even though my code comes before the loop

noahgelman
    Participant

I’ve figured it out. I get the blog page ID, and then that ID lets me get the proper thumbnail.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The forum ‘CSS’ is closed to new topics and replies.