Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other How Can I Create An Example Page For Demo?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    ak-i
    Participant

I would like to create a special page to show the live examples for the code I’ve made. How can that be achieve in WordPress?

I’ve tried creating a page but a page is a page not like the blog page. I try creating a examples category but it just the same post like others.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Bob

Why not just create one in plain old HTML and CSS, without the use of WordPress at all? You know, just coding it in Coda or the likes, upload the file to your server and then just link to it. At least, thats the way I’d to it I think, since you wouldn’t want all those wordpress functions and stuff on it I presume.

ak-i
    Participant

Urm, actually I did that, but I wouldn’t want it to be on the same folder with the rest theme file, so I thought of creating a folder say “examples” and upload the html in it. But I don’t know how to link it

Bob

Well, just create the anchor link to it right?

Click here for a demo

If you’re talking about a permalink to; I don’t know if thats possible. I don’t think so, but I don’t really know a lot about permalinks anyway.

ak-i
    Participant

Yeah I do that, but, its not working. I don’t think I can simply call the folder in the root with the link example.com/example/example.html even the folder named examples. Must be some other way or tricks. :(

Bob

Why wouldn’t you be able to do that? I just tried it, and it worked for me. Uploaded an html file in a folder called Examples and linked to it without problems. Is there any error message?

jamygolden

Try it again, it should work. It’s the way I do it. If it isn’t working, perhaps the htaccess file is preventing it for some reason.

Eclipse

quote: “I don’t think I can simply call the folder in the root with the link example.com/example/example.html even the folder named examples.”

in the URL, example is without an “s” at the end, could that be it or is it just a typo? You said the folder is named “examples”…

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.