Forums

The forums ran from 2008-2020 and are now closed and viewable here as an archive.

Home Forums Other How build a site backup service?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    nhereveri

I have the intention to hire two or more hosting services. How I implement this two examples?

• Example A: One service is just s backup of another service, used in case of no comunication with productive server.
    • Example B: Both servers offer their services in parallels, but apply the option of backup between them, like previous example.

It should consider the existence of a database.

It should consider the use of an e-commerce service for payment methods, such as that offered by Paypal.

Well my question is simple. How implement this? Exist any service or hosting who offer something like? Opt for two different services providers.

chrisburton
    Participant

How would you get your URL on two different hosts? I’ve never heard of such a thing.

Plus, duplicate content on multiple domains will cause red flags with Google…or so I’ve read.

nhereveri

Well, I try to provide a solution for a e-commerce website.

But, on Easter Island, where you need the service is very unstable electricity, but you must have service for local communication as to access the Internet use satellite communications.

However services must be viewed from Europe or the U.S.

Clearly I have local backup service is one thing, I need backup the service, not the applications. That is service availability.

Effectively use backup-manager script to backup my servers.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Other’ is closed to new topics and replies.